Position Overview: The primary function of this position is to coordinate cost estimate packages for new project bids, contract changes, and repair orders using basic technical documentation, drawings, customer specifications, and related information. Inside Sales will regularly work together with the Project team and Sales department to efficiently drive communication between the team and the customer, exceeding customer expectations. Inside Sales will also be expected to generate new leads for the Outside Sales department and follow up on submitted quotes.
- Drives Sales and Project teams and coordinates team members to meet customer deadlines and needs.
- Updates Company internal database via CRM for tracking and reporting purposes
- Review RFQ’s to identify and submit commercial and/or technical questions
- Communicates with customers by e-mail and phone to determine customer needs and solve customer concerns
- Leverage demographic data to provide customers and prospects accurate quotations
- Prepares and sends formal quotations to customers and prospects
- Reviews and communicates purchase order, engineering change orders, schedule changes, and work orders to the Sales/Project team(s)
- Reaches out to current and potential customers to develop new sales opportunities to introduce new products to key market segments
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement throughout Sales and Project departments
- Use independent judgment and discretion about significant matters related to work performed
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and BOMs.
- Working knowledge of ERP and CRM preferred.
- Excellent communication skills to convey essential information clearly and concisely, both written and verbal, are required.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks efficiently
- Effective time management and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be self-directed and maintain a professional attitude at all times, particularly when dealing with people in complex and stressful situations
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous employment with similar experience
- Associates degree or higher required
High use of office technology, including but not limited to MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access). Microsoft Access experience preferred.